Our Ecotour Policy:
Crossing Worlds Journeys creates a rich sense of place with authentic, personalized cultural and nature experiences that respect the Native and local peoples and the land from which they spring. We explore in depth the cultures, human history and natural history of the region. We bring together circles of people so the inherent dignity and wisdom of all are honored, bringing understanding and economic benefits to the local peoples. Our non-profit branch does service projects in Hopi lands. We share our love of the earth with our guests, teach principles of minimizing impact to the land, recommend organic and local foods as a key to good health, and support local stewardship groups.
Operating under permit to Coconino National Forest (see articles in blog on low impact enjoyment of our Red Rock Ranger District)
Member of: Verde Valley Archaeology Center and Astronomers of Verde Valley
Reservation and Cancel policy:
Deposits are required for Sedona circles and single programs of 1/3 to 1/2 which are refundable less a $35-60 per person office fee (depending amount of time involved with pre-program planning with client and time of year) with 3 weeks prior notice by email or writing. Programs are non-refundable with less than 3 weeks prior notice. Full payment for single programs is due 3 weeks prior. This is non-refundable.
Special ceremonies, high season circles (March, April, Summer Solstice, September, October, December 20 -January 4 ). Deposits are required. Deposits are refundable less a 50% office/planning/coordination fee with 90 days prior notice; non-refundable after that. Full payment for special seasonal programs is due 90 days prior. This is non-refundable.
Retreats and Cultural Tours payments:
- Initial planning fee. An initial deposit and planning fee of $75 – $350 is required to place your reservation for retreats, special group programs and/or cultural tours. This is non-refundable due to the time involved in designing and researching individual programs and due to the loss of opportunity cost of keeping your retreat space open on my calendar.
- 2nd payment of at least 75% of fee is due 90 days in advance and is non-refundable.
- Balance for Retreats and Cultural Tours is due at least 60 days in advance of program start and is non-refundable. There are no refunds, transfers, or credits offered for cancellation or partial attendance.
- This is policy is due to extensive coordination and planning involved and limited participant size (e.g, if 3 people are registered and one or two drop out, there would be a unexpected higher fee for remaining 1 or 2 participants or I would have to operate retreat at a loss).
- Meeting place information and cell phone contact is given at time of registration.
Recommend that guests purchase their own emergency trip cancellation for any reason insurance to cover unexpected changes in their plans. For example, here is a consumer advocate link for some travel insurance links